Home Care Services
Recent studies have shown that cognitive stimulation therapy with human interaction can lead to significant benefits in cognitive functioning. With this in mind, Premier Homecare Services offers the Active Minds Program.
The Active Minds Program consists of thirty-six session plans that create an errorless learning environment for your loved one. The areas covered in this program can be divided into the categories shown below.
- Physical activity
- Language and music
- Critical thinking
Premier Homecare Services has partnered with Fit Minds to provide our clients with certified cognitive coaches and interactive session plans.
These sessions are designed to:
- Provide cognitive stimulation through a series of exercises and activities
- Gently challenge your loved one to stretch the capacity of his or her current cognitive state
Role of the cognitive coach:
- To encourage and build confidence as they work their way through each session with feedback such as "good job" and "well done"
- To provide a flexible, safe and adaptable environment that meets the needs and interests of your loved one on any given day
Our certified cognitive coaches will help guide you through a comprehensive cognitive interaction program.
Benefits of Cognitive Interaction:
- Improves cognitive function
- Improves independence with activities of daily living
- Slows rate of cognitive decline
- Builds self-esteem and confidence
- Improves communication ability
- Enhances motivation
- Improves overall quality of life
- Restores overall personhood